A year into quarantine life and it seems everyone has a pregnant friend—or five! And while it may be a few months before we can visit these new babes, that doesn’t mean you need to wait to send them one of the best baby gifts. We’ve compiled a guide for the ideal offerings for every stage of development throughout the baby’s first year, including the newest products and launches: from Maisonette’s new Maison Me Baby pointelle separates and striped onesies to Audwell’s just-launched Baltic Birch learning tower. Herewith, a springtime update on the 12 Days of Christmas—12 months of baby gifts!
1 Month: Home From the Hospital
- 1 1 Month: Home From the Hospital
- 2 Mori Welcome to Our World set
- 3 HMH Paul Galdone classic children’s book set
- 4 When We Were Very Young, Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
- 5 2 Months: Baby Bath Buddies
- 6 Oli & Carol Water Lily natural bath toy
- 7 The Rainbow Fish bath book by Marcus Pfister
- 8 3 Months: Luxe Lounge Set
- 9 Maison Me Kai short-sleeve tee, dusty blue pointelle
- 10 Maison Me Ricki pant, dusty blue pointelle
- 11 Munchkin swing with bluetooth
- 12 Felix Dolittle Monkey Business note cards
- 13 4 Months: Sweet Dreams Sleep Training
- 14 La Coqueta white Globo balloon sleepsuit
- 15 Land Of Bébé Bijou crib sheet
- 16 La Petite Chose Petit Oiseau baby sleep sack
- 17 TikTak Design Co llama baby mobile nursery mobile
- 18 5 Months: On the Go
- 19 La Coqueta blue Vela cotton gift set
- 20 Artipoppe Zeitgeist baby monogamy
- 21 Anya Hindmarch baby emergency kit bag
- 22 Cerebelly x Peppa Pig organic baby puree
- 23 6 Months: Bebe Gourmet
- 24 Beaba Babycook Neo in raspberry
- 25 Cooking for Kids: From Babies to Toddlers: Simple, Healthy, and Natural Food by Alain Ducasse
- 26 Salter House Bell & Boo enamel bowl
- 27 Salter House Bell & Boo enamel mug
- 28 Yumi Chef Blends subscription box
- 29 Land Of Bébé giraffe placemat
- 30 7 Months: Playtime Party
- 31 8 Months: Out on the Town
- 32 WeeFarers children’s sunglasses
- 33 Makié cashmere V-neck cardigan
- 34 Emile et Ida Camille mauve sun hat
- 35 Emile et Ida Camille mauve romper
- 36 Janie and Jack chambray linen short
- 37 9 Months: Super Skin Care
- 38 Paloroma the ABC Kit for Pampering Little Ones
- 39 Shyv Beauty Kids Body Butter
- 40 Santa Maria Novella Delicate Baby Cleanser
- 41 California Baby Calming Everyday Lotion
- 42 10 Months: Winning Twinning
- 43 Banjanan exclusive women’s robe
- 44 Banjanan exclusive kids Moondust pajamas
- 45 Maison Me Isobel women’s collared top
- 46 Maison Me Niama collared dress
- 47 11 Months: Up, Up and Away
- 48 Moulin Roty L’atelier De Patisserie baking set
- 49 Williams Sonoma Bay Stripe adult & kid aprons
- 50 Ten Little Everyday Original sneakers
- 51 12 Months: First Birthday Bonanza
- 52 Meri Meri stripe pompom party hats
- 53 Cranky Cakes Shop large number birthday candles
- 54 Bonpoint baby striped cashmere set
- 55 Dogwood Hill Animal Alphabet wrapping paper
Mori’s baby clothes are so soft you want to swaddle yourself in them and the kimono and zipper styles are ideal for bringing the baby home from the hospital, when they’re still not thrilled about something being yanked over their head! Once home, keep them secure in a William Morris–printed DockATot—it’s never too early to introduce them to the British Arts & Crafts master. And it’s never too early to encourage a reader; some beautiful classics are always welcome!
2 Months: Baby Bath Buddies
Once the umbilical cord falls off, the baby is ready for the first bath. Make sure they’re well-prepared for it with the adorable Otteroo, Weezie’s monogrammed gingham towel set, some bathtime reading, and these rubber water lilies (the more the prettier!).
3 Months: Luxe Lounge Set
Everyone is settling in—a little!—and baby is starting to lounge between naps and eating. Let them enjoy themselves with the Munchkin bluetooth swing that rocks and soothes so Mom doesn’t have to since Mom will be busy writing thank yous on this perfect Felix Doolittle stationary for all the incredible gifts she has received. Maison Me’s new baby pointelle set is the perfect loungewear!
4 Months: Sweet Dreams Sleep Training
It’s time for the baby to start trying to sleep through the night, which can be fraught, so help make that as smooth a process as possible. If I had these Rajasthani block printed sheets and a downy sleep sack I would sleep all night too! A pair of La Coqueta pajamas and a llama mobile doesn’t hurt either.
5 Months: On the Go
Leaving the house with a baby can feel alarmingly like a Mensa test—you remembered the pacifier but forgot the diaper cream!—help make sure they not only have everything but have the right things with this on-the-go gift. Artipoppe’s beautifully printed carriers are as chic for mom or dad as for baby (I love the swan print) and perfectly paired with La Coqueta’s knit suits. Less glamorous but equally important: Anya Hindmarch’s changing kit means you don’t need a big ugly diaper bag, you can just stow this in a normal tote and Cerebelly’s new Peppa Pig pouches are perfect for baby who is starting to eat pureed food and may get hungry when out.
6 Months: Bebe Gourmet
By six months the baby is starting to enjoy pureed food but it can be a big adjustment for everyone. The Beaba Baby Cook (in so many lovely colors: raspberry! eucalyptus!) makes every parent a bebe gourmet chef and if they’re really inspired, they can draw inspiration from Alain Ducasse’s beloved Cooking for Kids. For the not-cooking-inclined, try a subscription to Yumi’s Chef Series—who says baby’s can’t have a refined palette? Then set them up with these adorable placemats from Land of Bébé and a tinware plate and cup from Salter House and they’re good to go at mealtime.
7 Months: Playtime Party
Around this time, the baby is sitting up on their own and even commando crawling—give them the best baby gifts, toys and books to keep them busy like Lovevery’s customized toy kits for each stage of development and Literati’s age-specific book subscription. Pehr’s spring hatchling collection is perfect for a young chicken on the move.
8 Months: Out on the Town
Yes, babies spend most of their time casually ensconced at home but they’re called OUT-fits for a reason and every young one needs an appropriate look for a summer visit with their vaccinated grandparents. Set them up in style either in this Land of Bébé gingham romper and hat or Makié’s tutti frutti shirt and cardigan—add tortoiseshell WeeFarers for extra panache.
9 Months: Super Skin Care
And you thought there were a lot of adult skin-care options to choose from! These baby brands will undoubtedly be stolen by the parents. From Paloroma’s perfectly packaged ABC gift set to Shyv’s super-moisturizing body butter to the deluxe Santa Maria Novella’s bambino products to California Baby’s lavender calming lotion.
10 Months: Winning Twinning
It’s never too early to start matching parent to child. There’s something for everyone in these “Mommy and Me” styles: from Kule’s matching stripes (my personal uniform) to Maisonette’s scalloped plaid or Banjanan’s big and little loungewear.
11 Months: Up, Up and Away
It’s almost walking age and definitely exploring age, so set this almost-toddler up with the newly launched Audwell learning tower so they can help out in the kitchen and start them out with this baking set and apron. A first pair of shoes helps too!
12 Months: First Birthday Bonanza
Who would’ve thought it’s been a whole year? If you missed your birth-present window, you’re just in time for their first birthday gift. Help the parents plan a festive party with these Meri Meri essentials, a suitable birthday suit, naturally, from Bonpoint, and wrapped in this Dogwood Hill Alphabet paper so pretty they’ll want to save the wrapping!